Manchester Law Society Ambassadors
The Officers and Council are here to represent you, our members, and see you as stakeholders in everything that we do. All of the work conducted behind the scenes by the Officers, Council and, indeed, our committees, is done on your behalf and for your benefit.
We are driven by our values:
- We are inclusive.
- We are caring.
- We act with integrity and transparency.
- We are connected to our members and to each other.
Manchester Law Society is the most influential voice nationally for lawyers in Greater Manchester. We are members of the Joint V biggest law societies, a key lobbying body on behalf of our membership, and we constantly strive to raise the profile of our members and of lawyers in our region, with our Council providing their time and energy for free for the benefit of our membership
Our objective is to continue to strengthen the Society and we always want to do this with the input of our members.
To help with having a better-connected membership, and to ensure that each firm is getting as much out of their membership as they can, and we address the issues facing our members and their firms, we invited each firm to identify one person from each corporate member firm to be a Manchester Law Society Ambassador.
Our Ambassadors are our main points of contact and an information conduit between our members, their firms and the Society, including:
- the work of our Committees – Crown & Magistrates Court, Civil Litigation, Employment, Equality Diversity & Inclusion, Family, Legal Education, Membership & Social, Messenger Editorial, Private Client, Property, Regulation
- any consultation paper responses to the Law Society, SRA, Ministry of Justice which we are embarking on to protecting our members’ interests
- discussions with local MPs and Councillors
- work we are doing to promote members to all aspects of the local business and civil community
- the Manchester Legal Awards
- our social, networking and education events
- the work of our Special Interest Groups, including our COLP/COFA/MLRO Forum, Greater Manchester Pro Bono Steering Group, Future Stars Programme and Social Mobility Programme
- the contents of the Messenger and weekly e-newsletter.
Our Manchester Law Society Ambassadors’ Forum is a networking and thought leadership generating group, who meet with the Officers, Council and Chairs of our Committees twice a year, to help us develop solutions to the challenges we face as an industry and the future promotion of the Manchester legal community. We seek their input in helping us to identify activities that they feel are of greatest value to our membership and ensure that their firm’s voice is heard.
Our MLS ambassadors are enthusiastic, active and engaged members of the Society who act as the key contact for the MLS within each firm. Our aim is that our Ambassadors will directly experience and showcase the benefits of membership, promote the work of the Society, and encourage their colleagues to get involved. The Ambassadors also benefit from increased contact with the Manchester Legal community and a better understanding of the opportunities that exist for their firm because of being a member of MLS.
Our Ambassadors are key to helping the Society grow, develop and increase the visibility of the legal community in Greater Manchester and beyond.
If you would like to learn more or become an ambassador please email [email protected]